Tuesday, September 25, 2007
TYPES OF TREATMENT THAT WOULD NOT INVALIDATE MUSLIM'S FAST.
According to Council of the Islamic Fiqh Academy, those fasting are allowed to
1) Putting medicine in the eye, nose and ears.
2) Undergo dental treatment(tooth extraction, patch holes and scaling) without swallowing.
3) Gargle or spray medicine into the the mouth without swallowing.
4) Receive an intravenous injection or subcutaneous and intramuscular injection.
5) Insert tubes and radio-opaque for angiogram.
6) Insert scopes for surgery such as laparoscope.
7) Placing medicine(GTN) under the tongue for chest pain or angina without swallowing it.
8) Insert certain apparatus into the womb e.g. contraceptive, suppository, douche and scope.
9) Insert devices into urinary bladder e.g. ureteroscope and radio-opaque.
10)Oxygen and general anaesthetic administration.
"Some patients are reluctant to seek certain medical treatments during the fasting month because they are afraid that it would invalidate their fast," Ahmad Zahid, who is Deputy Information Minister said.