Trend Watch

Google
 

DR HENRY LEE RECOMMENDS CRYPTOMONADALES

Monday, September 26, 2011

ROSEHIPS EASES ARTHRITIS SYMPTOMS



A herbal supplement made from the seeds of rosehips(Rosa canina) can overcome severity of symptoms in people with osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee and hip, according to a study published in the Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology.(2005:34:302-8).


OA, a degenerative disease common in older people, is characterized by progressive loss of cartilage in the joints and symptoms such as pain, stiffness and reduced mobility.


Rose hips are the bright red fruit of a wild rose bush, known for their high vitamin C and bioflavonoid content. Popularly used to prevent and treat colds and asthma, a recent study found that powder of rose hips has anti-inflammatory properties.


Three clinical trials involving the same preparation of rosehips concluded that rose hips are an effective pain reliever. A total of 306 patients participated in the three clinical trials, two of the studies were from Denmark and one involved patients from Norway. The results of this study show that rosehips powder can alleviate symptoms of OA and increase mobility in arthritic joints.





1 comment:

Dra.Alicia.Kirk said...

I am just over halfway thru my 60th year and was just diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. In January I was experiencing stiffness in my hands and random muscle spasms moving between my arms and shoulders and then I suffered a major attack of Hives. At that time my doctor gave me a prescription for prednisone, which stopped the hives and really fixed everything. I felt 20 years younger in a matter of days. Within a month after that the hands started getting stiff again, and soon were keeping me awake at night with unexpected pains and spasms. On my doctor's advice I went to a rheumatologist, and discovered that I have RA. It was really quick to take over. If I had symptoms before this year, they were minor...

Alicia Kirk
Medical-rights.com